Microfiber Pads Product Benefits:
- Precision Sizing – Minimal overhang for precision polishing and even pressure.
- Specialty Blend of Material – Provides an amazing finishing ability resulting in a haze-free luster.
- Foam Interface – Quality foams provide greater durability and the density is optimized for each pad’s purpose.
Foam Wool Pads Product Benefits:
- Performance – Cuts like natural sheepskin but finishes like a foam pad. Aggressively removes P1500 grit scratches, leaving a lustrous finish with minimal hazing or compounding swirls, increasing workflow efficiency.
- Dense Body – Foamed fibers resist caking and matting. The foaming process also creates minute air pockets at the base fibers, which improves cushioning and retention of compounds and polishes.
- Consistent Quality – The manufacturing process produces a uniform material, resulting in consistent pad performance. Unlike performance-reducing variances that can occur with natural sheepskin pads.
Interface Pad Benefits:
Cushioning: The interface pad acts as a cushion between the backing plate of the polisher and the foam polishing pad. This cushioning helps to distribute pressure more evenly across the polishing surface, reducing the risk of creating uneven pressure points that could lead to holograms or uneven polishing results.
Flexibility: The interface pad adds a degree of flexibility to the foam pad’s movement, allowing it to conform better to the contours of the vehicle’s body. This is particularly important when working on curved or contoured surfaces.
Heat Dispersion: During the polishing process, friction generates heat. An interface pad can help dissipate some of this heat, preventing it from building up excessively and potentially damaging the paint surface.
Vibration Dampening: Using an interface pad can also help reduce the intensity of vibrations transferred from the polishing machine to the foam pad, making the polishing process more comfortable for the user and potentially reducing fatigue.
Backing Plates: Lake Country offers a variety of backing plates that are compatible with different types of polishers and buffers. They come in various sizes and designs to fit a range of machines. The backing plates are constructed to provide stability and balance during the polishing process, ensuring even and consistent results.